Who We Are
WHO WE AREEstablished in September 2015, the International Organization for Migration’s Global Migration Data Analysis Centre was set up to respond to calls for better international migration data and analysis. Data are key to inform migration governance, improve programming and promote a better public understanding of migration.
Our WorkData is key to inform migration governance, improve programming and promote a better public understanding of migration. GMDAC works toward this purpose through activities in knowledge management, data capacity-building and innovation, and data collection and analysis.
- Data and Resources
- Take Action
Assessing The Effectiveness of Migration Programmes: How To Survey Migration?
Migration is a politically sensitive issue where evidence is more than ever needed. One way to approach migration policies from an evidence perspective is to evaluate migration policies and programmes. Migration policies and programmes should be assessed on their ability to achieve the objectives for which they were set up. The evaluation of public policies through rigorous and robust impact evaluations has been a growing field in recent decades. This webinar discussed the use of impact assessment in the field of migration, leading to a discussion of how best to implement surveys in the field of migration with African case studies.
Moderated by: Marie-Luce BiaZafinikamia, IOMs Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (GMDAC), Impact Evaluation Officer.
- Vitor Miranda, demographer at Statistics Sweden (SCB).
- Felix Ndashimye, Impact Evaluations Officer, GMDA based in IOM's Regional Office, Dakar, Senegal.
- Dr Ibrahima Dia, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Sociology and Political Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) - International Migration Expert.
- Producing and communicating official migration statistics in Sweden
- Measuring the Impact of Information Campaigns on Irregular Migration: Lessons from West Africa
- Assessing the effectiveness of migration programs in Africa: an overview of methodological approach of selected case studies and the research findings