Who We Are
WHO WE AREEstablished in September 2015, the International Organization for Migration’s Global Migration Data Analysis Centre was set up to respond to calls for better international migration data and analysis. Data are key to inform migration governance, improve programming and promote a better public understanding of migration.
Our WorkData is key to inform migration governance, improve programming and promote a better public understanding of migration. GMDAC works toward this purpose through activities in knowledge management, data capacity-building and innovation, and data collection and analysis.
- Data and Resources
- Take Action
Online African School on Migration Statistics 2—4 December 2020
The African Union Institute for Statistics (STATAFRIC), Statistics Sweden and IOM's Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (GMDAC) are pleased to invite you to their first "Online African School on Migration Statistics" that will be held online on 2—4 December 2020.
This joint initiative is a contribution to address the urgent need for timely and quality migration data, which are essential for informed policymaking and for the integration of migration in development and protection strategies at the national, regional and global level. The aim is to enforce national capacities for collecting, producing, and disseminating migration data across countries in Africa.
The target audience primarily includes African NSO officials, but the event is open to anyone with an interest in the topic or wanting to deepen their knowledge on migration statistics.
For more information please contact Marie-Luce Bia Zafinikamia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Module 1: Concepts, definitions and standards
- Module 2: Refugee Statistics
- Module 3: Migration Data Management Methods
- Module 4: Mapping migration using alternative data sources
- Module 5: Piloting a World Migration Survey in Africa: The African Migration Survey (AMS)
- Module 6: Strengthening administrative data sources: towards harmonization and standardization of migration data
- Module 7: Disaggregation of sectoral data by migratory status: leaving no migrant behind